AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is is possible to determine on the Java client which username/password to use when connecting to remote MapR table?

Question asked by masaharo on Dec 28, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2015 by masaharo
I have a software that, among other things, connects to MapR tables in a Remote MapR cluster.
The username under which the software is running is not controlled by me.
Is is possible for me to determine on the Java client which username/password to use when connecting to remote MapR table? Now the username seems to come from the currently running Linux user, which is not correct. I should be able to connect to MapR tables using username: "mapr".

If it's not possible to configure the client to use other credentials than picking it up from the current client process, then I must somehow find a way to add a new user to the cluster and give it access rights. I tried this with:

maprcli acl edit -type cluster -user scott:login,ss,cv,fc

Command succeeded, but nevertheless, user scott is not allowed to create tables or to write into them:

[scott@ip-10-202-15-29 ~]$ maprcli table create -path '/MY_DATA_TABLE'
    2015-12-28 15:48:37,4634 ERROR Client fs/client/fileclient/cc/dbclient.cc:1372 Thread: 14209 CreateTable failed for table MY_DATA_TABLE, error Permission denied(13) for fid 2049.16.2
    ERROR (22) -  Failed to create table: /MY_DATA_TABLE, Error: Permission denied (13)

Any help will be greatly appreciated :-)

BR.,
Matti

Outcomes