AnsweredAssumed Answered

"unable to find disks" when using flat file mode in PoC cluster

Question asked by calmo on Jul 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2015 by calmo
[link text][1]MapR version: 4.0.2: This is a small test/PoC environment so the goal is to use flat file locations for MaprFS disk devices. I'm using quick install method and running /opt/mapr-installer/bin/install.  I'm spec'ing a 5 node cluster, one "controller" node, three "data" nodes, and one "client" node.

I have created the following flat file device target, using the instructions at the bottom of this page: http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR40x/Setting+Up+Disks+for+MapR

I get the following running mapr-installer. Note I have passwordless ssh for root setup between all cluster nodes so I enter "root" at SSH Username prompt, and nothing at private key and password prompt...

Do you have a config file (y/n) [n]: y
        Config file location: /tmp/config.mapr1

Current Information (Please verify if correct)
        ==============================================

Accessibility settings:

Cluster Name: "MapR1.example.com"
            MapR User Name: "mapr"
            MapR Group Name: "mapr"
            MapR User UID: "5000"
            MapR User GID: "5000"
            MapR User Password (Default: mapr): "****"

Functional settings:

WireLevel Security: "n"
            MapReduce Services: "n"
            YARN: "y"
            MapR-DB: "n"

HBase: "n"
            Disks to use: "/root/maprdatafile"
            Client Nodes: "mapr4-va89.example.com"
            Control Nodes: "mapr4-va90.example.com"
            Data Nodes: "mapr4-va91.example.com,mapr4-va92.example.com,mapr4-va93.example.com"
            Repository (will download core software from here): "http://package.mapr.com/releases"
            Ecosystem Repository (will download packages like Pig, Hive etc from here): "http://package.mapr.com/releases/ecosystem-4.x"

MapR Version to Install: "4.0.2"
            Java Version to Install: "OpenJDK7"
            Allow Control Nodes to function as Data Nodes (Not recommended for large clusters): "n"
            Local Repository: "n"

Metrics settings:

Metrics DB Host and Port: ""
            Metrics DB User Name: ""
            Metrics DB User Password: ""
            Metrics DB Schema: ""

(c)ontinue with install, (m)odify options, or save current configuration and (a)bort? (c/m/a) [c]: c
        SSH Username: root
        Private Key? (y/n) [n]:
        SSH password:
        Now running on Added Control Nodes: [mapr4-va90.example.com]
        * 18:16:02 Interrogating Node(s), Validating Prerequisites, and Starting Install
        **mapr4-va90.example.com: Unable to find disks: /root/maprdatafile from /root/maprdatafile remove disks: /dev/xvde and retry**
        failed: [mapr4-va90.example.com] => {"failed": true}

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting
        Host: mapr4-va90.example.com has 1 failures
        Control Nodes have failures. Please fix the failures and re-run the installation. For more information refer to the installer log at /opt/mapr-installer/var/mapr-installer.log

This cluster is running inside m3.xlarge instances on EC2, us-east-1, using fully prep'ed CentOS 6.5 images.

/root/maprdatafile exists on every node in the cluster. Created as follows: dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/maprdatafile bs=1G count=20   (I chmod'ed it to 777 out of frustration - no luck w/that...)

[root@mapr4-va90 /]# ls -l /root/maprdatafile
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21474836480 Jul  2 09:44 /root/maprdatafile

Attached is a copy of the cluster config file

[1]: /storage/temp/263-configmapr1.txt

Outcomes