AnsweredAssumed Answered

MapR Installer - memory related errors ("UNKNOWN ERROR")

Question asked by gunjan on Jun 24, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 by gunjan
Hi,

I'm new to Hadoop and am trying to install Community edition using MapR installer on AWS Ec2 using 3 m3x.large nodes. The mounted drives are /dev/xvde (40GB), /dev/xvdj (10GB), /dev/xvdk (10GB).

I'm following all the prerequisites to the best of my knowledge, which is reflected in me not getting a single warning by the MapR Installer. It is only while the actual installation that it gives memory related error. For the sake of brevity, I'm providing the error, if required, I can provide complete log:

Transaction Check Error:
  installing package mapr-core-internal-4.1.0.31175.GA-1.x86_64 needs 70MB on the / filesystem
  installing package mapr-cldb-4.1.0.31175.GA-1.x86_64 needs 70MB on the / filesystem

Error Summary
-------------
Disk Requirements:
  At least 70MB more space needed on the / filesystem.
UNKNOWN ERROR

On the face of it, it is obviously because of space issues on either the main disk (/dev/xvde) or on the remaining two. But when I checked the main, it is just 90% full. I've tried the above for various combinations of disk sizes almost 5-6 times! But all to no effect for my annoyance. Could anybody point out if I'm doing something wrong or if there is any other simpler solution to my problem (such as adding memory, if so, how much!! I've tried till 20 GB as well)!?

Best Regards
Gunjan

Outcomes