AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.1.0 - Can't run Basic Hadoop fs -ls

Question asked by mandoskippy on Jun 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 by mandoskippy
I upgraded MapR from 4.0.2 to 4.1.0 and first of all, I was disapointed in some things.  It completely removed my hadoop-2.5.1 and put it into /opt/mapr/OLD_HADOOP_VERSIONS and then put a clean copy (no conf files, no extra jars etc).  Very confusing especially since the version didn't change. Non-intuitive and frustrating.

That said, I've done the upgrade, and the MapRFS seems good, NFS is mounting, but even a simple hadoop command like hadoop fs -ls / gives me an error, and I stumped on how to proceed.

Note, the upgrade changed my "hadoop_version" file to put default_mode=classic, when I HAD default_mode=yarn.  Another frustrating change in the upgrade process.

Error:

$ hadoop fs -ls /
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.conf.CoreDefaultProperties not found
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2315)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:2234)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:2151)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.set(Configuration.java:1002)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.set(Configuration.java:974)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.setBoolean(Configuration.java:1312)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.processGeneralOptions(GenericOptionsParser.java:319)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.parseGeneralOptions(GenericOptionsParser.java:479)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.<init>(GenericOptionsParser.java:170)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.<init>(GenericOptionsParser.java:153)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:64)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell.main(FsShell.java:340)

Outcomes