AnsweredAssumed Answered

Apache Phoenix on Sandbox 4.1.0, why can't HBase master find the MaprFS jars?

Question asked by jeroenvlek on Jun 1, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2015 by mkieboom
I'm trying to install Phoenix on the Mapr Sandbox. I followed the instructions described here:

http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Using+Apache+Phoenix+on+HBase

Trying to start sqline.py gave the following error, indicating that the HBase master is not running:

> [root@maprdemo mapr]#
> phoenix/bin/sqlline.py maprdemo:5181 
>  15/06/01 01:14:23 ERROR
> client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: The node /hbase is not in ZooKeeper. It should have been written by the master. Check the value configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with the one configured in the master.

So I installed the *mapr-hbase-master* package, but that doesn't seem to have the required MapRFS jars on its classpath. From hbase/hbase-0.98.9/logs/hbase-mapr-master-maprdemo.log:

> 2015-06-01 01:14:41,734 ERROR [main]
> master.HMasterCommandLine: Master
> exiting java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Failed construction of Master: class
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.constructMaster(HMaster.java:3022)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:186)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:135)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:126)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:3036)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: No
> FileSystem for scheme: maprfs
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2421)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2428)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:88)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2467)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2449)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:367)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:287)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.getRootDir(FSUtils.java:931)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.(HMaster.java:538)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.constructMaster(HMaster.java:3017)

This seems odd to me, since it is the MapR-flavored hbase-master package to begin with.  What am I missing here?

Outcomes