AnsweredAssumed Answered

MapR, Storm and writing using a HDFS Bolt

Question asked by mandoskippy on May 11, 2015
Latest reply on May 12, 2015 by mandoskippy
I am trying to write some data to MaprFS.  I am NOT using a storm package "specific" to MapR in that I am using storm on mesos. (This may be a challenge in itself).  That said, I was hoping that with the HDFSBolt that things would work fine as MapRFS is HDFS compatible...
Anywho, the Filesystem URL I am using is hdfs://hadoopmapr1:7222  (hadoopmapr1 is my CLDB) is my Is this the correct way to do this? I am not sure there.  I am getting this error which is hard to understand:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error preparing HdfsBolt: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer; Host Details : local host is: "hadoopmapr3/192.168.0.98"; destination host is: "hadoopmapr1":7222; at org.apache.storm.hdfs.bolt.AbstractHdfsBolt.prepare(AbstractHdfsBolt.java:128) at backtype.storm.daemon.executor$fn__3441$fn__3453.invoke(executor.clj:692) at backtype.storm.util$async_loop$fn__464.invoke(util.clj:461) at clojure.lang.AFn.run(AFn.java:24) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Outcomes