AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot login to Admin UI/Webserver on 3.1.0

Question asked by communityadmin on May 6, 2014
Latest reply on May 6, 2014 by keysbotzum
Looks like authentication has changed in the latest version of the admin ui. I have followed the documentation here.

http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/PAM+Configuration

While I can't say I am a fan of using PAM, I can verify the users work using su. LDAP server works just as well. I have tried an unending amount of users with admin access through maprcli acl edit -type cluster -user <username>:fc command as also documented. The problem appears to be the admin ui itself.

Even though the jpamLogin.conf is edited and updated according to the documentation above, it still prints these errors in the log:

<code>
2014-05-06 13:55:05,649 WARN  org.mortbay.log [1667002698@qtp-1422393615-0]: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModules configured for jpamLogin
</code>

It has been restarted too many times. original file seems to indicate it is not used:

<code>
NOTUSEDjpamLogin {
       net.sf.jpam.jaas.JpamLoginModule required
      serviceName="sudo"
      debug=true;
    };
</code>

I have tried editing the mapr-admin file in the same location as these file, and that doesn't change anything.

Anyone know how to configure the web server auth on the latest version? Or more importantly turn off authentication altogether, since it doesn't seem to be working correctly?

Outcomes