AnsweredAssumed Answered

MapR and Pydoop - do they work together?

Question asked by clare on Mar 6, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 by mava
Has anyone been able to get pydoop and MapR to work together?  It seems that they should work together based on this webpage [http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/MapR+Metrics+and+Job+Performance][1] but I am currently running into the following error when I try to build pydoop:

no suitable method found for captureOutAndError(<null>,List<String>,File,File,long,boolean)
    cmd = TaskLog.captureOutAndError(null, cmd, stdout, stderr, logLength,
                 ^
    method TaskLog.captureOutAndError(List<String>,Map<String,String>,List<String>,File,File,long,boolean) is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
    method TaskLog.captureOutAndError(List<String>,List<String>,File,File,long,boolean,String) is not applicable
    method TaskLog.captureOutAndError(List<String>,List<String>,File,File,long,String) is not applicable
      (actual argument boolean cannot be converted to String by method invocation conversion)
    method TaskLog.captureOutAndError(List<String>,List<String>,File,File,long) is not applicable
    method TaskLog.captureOutAndError(List<String>,File,File,long) is not applicable
Note: src/hadoop-1.0.3.patched/it/crs4/pydoop/pipes/Submitter.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error

It looks like the TaskLog.captureOutAndError interface

captureOutAndError(List<String> setup, List<String> cmd, File stdoutFilename, File stderrFilename, long tailLength, boolean useSetsid)

is missing.  I am using MapR build version 3.0.2.22510.GA and pydoop 0.11.1.

Any ideas or suggestions?

[1]: http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/MapR+Metrics+and+Job+Performance

Outcomes