AnsweredAssumed Answered

[Fatal Error] core-site.xml

Question asked by theignoredone on Aug 3, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2013 by nabeel
I am setting up a hadoop cluster, and the terminal throws me this error, when i run
hadoop namenode -format. The following is the snippet that follows the Fatal Error mesasge

<code>
[Fatal Error] core-site.xml:23:1: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
13/08/04 00:13:29 FATAL conf.Configuration: error parsing conf file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/usr/local/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml; lineNumber: 23; columnNumber: 1; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
13/08/04 00:13:29 ERROR namenode.NameNode: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/usr/local/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml; lineNumber: 23; columnNumber: 1; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1241)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:1099)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:1045)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.set(Configuration.java:420)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.setStartupOption(NameNode.java:1320)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1394)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1419)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/usr/local/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml; lineNumber: 23; columnNumber: 1; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:288)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:177)
at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1148)
... 6 more

Any help is much appreciated. I understand this is quite a basic configuration issue and appreciate the time taken by mapr employees to answer such a question with the patience and wisdom we all know and come to love.

Outcomes