AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hbase client windows 7

Question asked by nathaniel on Jun 6, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 by nathaniel
I am trying to use hbase from my windows 7 machine.  I have the mapr client installed and can run map/reduce jobs against the cluster.  The first problem i had was it was looking at 127.0.0.1 for zookeeper.  I found a link where to get around this you have to include a hbase.site.xml file in your classpath; manually setting the configuration will not work (according to info i read).

Next problem is security related. It appears to be trying to authenticate and failing.

13/06/06 13:42:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server /xxx.xx.xx.xxx:2181
    13/06/06 13:42:18 INFO client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: Client will not SASL-authenticate because the default JAAS configuration section 'Client' could not be found. If you are not using SASL, you may ignore this. On the other hand, if you expected SASL to work, please fix your JAAS configuration.
    13/06/06 13:42:19 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
     at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
     at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:286)
     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)

Outcomes