AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hive-HBase integration

Question asked by robert on Aug 27, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 by abhinav
I'm trying out the Hive-Hbase integration, but running into a brick-wall. Have anyone seen this before?

Lots of good information in the message but I'm not sure what to make of it. I did not see any error in the zookeeper server logs, and I have not yet confirmed whether the storage handler is reusing HBaseConfiguration as suggested.  Thought I would ask you all before digging into the code :)

hive -hiveconf hbase.zookeeper.quorum="g2t1660.austin.hp.com,g2t1661.austin.hp.com,g2t1662.austin.hp.com"

hive> create external table hbase_stats(key string, bounces string,cartviews string,dwelltime string,entries string,exits string,orders string,pagename string,pageviews string,visits string,visithour string,revenue string)
     stored by 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
     with serdeproperties(
      "hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,m:b,m:cv,m:dt,m:e,m:ex,m:o,m:p,m:pv,m:v,m:vh,m:r",
     "hbase.table.name" = "stats"
     );

FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be a sign that the server has too many connections (30 is the default). Consider inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc for more information.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:156)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:1265)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.setupZookeeperTrackers(HConnectionManager.java:526)

Outcomes