AnsweredAssumed Answered

Launch Jobs onto MapR cluster  using hadoop core JobClient

Question asked by timo on Aug 13, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 by timo
Hi I tried launching jobs onto Mapr Cluster from JobClient by adding dll and conf files to classpath.

I tried three approaches.

1) Configured spoofed user as root and launched the jobs by setting user as XYZ in JobClient User property, but my job gets launched as root even though I specified user in the job client.

2) Configured the real user as spoofed user "XYZ" and launched the job and job fails saying user "XYZ" cannot impersonate "XYZ". In this scenarios I gave both spoofed user and Job user as same and I got this error.

3) Configured real user as spoofed user "XYZ" and did not give an user name in the JobClient and launched the app this time it fails saying. The ownership on the staging directory maprfs://ipaddress:7222/var/mapr/cluster/mapred/jobTracker/staging/xyz/.staging is not as expected. It is owned by blahblah . The directory must be owned by the submitter xyz or by xyz

Despite trying 3 approaches I could not make job launch with user "XYZ" any pointers on this or any ideas on how you guys are launching jobs from job client programatically, I am not looking for any command line solutions like sudo and blah blah .....

Outcomes