AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pig and Zebra - .meta not being created...

Question asked by andy_sautins on Aug 19, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 by Ted Dunning

I have been trying a few Pig scripts that have been working fine on the Cloudera distribution of Hadoop.  I can create a new zebra store as follows:

STORE C INTO '/user/abc/c' USING org.apache.hadoop.zebra.pig.TableStorer('');

It gets created, however when I try to read it back using the following:

C = LOAD '/user/abc/c' USING org.apache.hadoop.zebra.pig.TableLoader('', 'sorted');

I get the following error. 
Caused by: java.io.IOException: BasicTable.Reader constructor failed : Missing Meta File of maprfs://10.18.1.9:7222/user/abc/c/CG0/.meta
        at org.apache.hadoop.zebra.io.BasicTable$Reader.<init>(BasicTable.java:325)
        at org.apache.hadoop.zebra.io.BasicTable$Reader.<init>(BasicTable.java:289)
        at org.apache.hadoop.zebra.mapreduce.TableInputFormat.setSplitMode(TableInputFormat.java:466)
        at org.apache.hadoop.zebra.pig.TableLoader.setSortOrder(TableLoader.java:198)
        at org.apache.hadoop.zebra.pig.TableLoader.getSchema(TableLoader.java:418)
        at org.apache.pig.newplan.logical.relational.LOLoad.getSchemaFromMetaData(LOLoad.java:150)
        ... 20 more

It's interesting that the behavior of the same script ( running the same version of Pig/Zebra ) behaves differently.

I was curious if anyone else has run into any issues with Pig/Zebra on MapR.

Thanks 

Outcomes