AnsweredAssumed Answered

how to configure Dr elephant use with Secure Mapr

Question asked by huzzyb on Jul 31, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 by MichaelSegel

We are using MapR hadoop distribution with security enabled using maprticket. Do you have documents/steps to show how we can configure Dr. Elephant to work with secured MapR hadoop? 

I have installed it and the ui comes up but I am unable to see any spark jobs and the logs in logs/elephant/dr-elephant.log 

shows:

07-31-2018 15:32:59 ERROR [Thread-6] com.linkedin.drelephant.security.HadoopSecurity : Keytab user not set. Please set keytab_user in the configuration file
07-31-2018 15:32:59 ERROR [Thread-6] com.linkedin.drelephant.security.HadoopSecurity : Keytab location not set. Please set keytab_location in the configuration file
07-31-2018 15:32:59 ERROR [Thread-6] com.linkedin.drelephant.ElephantRunner : Cannot login. This cluster is security enabled.
07-31-2018 15:32:59 ERROR [Thread-6] com.linkedin.drelephant.ElephantRunner : java.io.IOException: Cannot login. This cluster is security enabled.
at com.linkedin.drelephant.security.HadoopSecurity.<init>(HadoopSecurity.java:75)
at com.linkedin.drelephant.security.HadoopSecurity.getInstance(HadoopSecurity.java:45)
at com.linkedin.drelephant.ElephantRunner.run(ElephantRunner.java:95)
at com.linkedin.drelephant.DrElephant.run(DrElephant.java:58)

we are not using kerberos so I am unsure how to proceed from here

Community Manager  Bret Lowery  Ted Dunning kindly help. 

Huzaira.

Outcomes