AnsweredAssumed Answered

Query is always throwing IndexOutOfBoundsException if I try to retrieve more columns

Question asked by skalapa on May 11, 2018
Latest reply on May 11, 2018 by maprcommunity

Hi,

I am always getting IndexOutOfBoundsException for the queries when I try to retrieve more columns. 

I am using MapR-Sandbox-For-Apache-Drill-1.13.0-6.0.1 of sandbox as I was advised to install mep 4.0 package for 

MapR-Sandbox-For-Apache-Drill-1.11.0-6.0.0 . But even after upgrading there is no way am able to query for more columns .

1) Does it depend on the length of the column name or if it the nested structure ?

2) It works sometimes on MapR-Sandbox-For-Apache-Drill-1.11.0-6.0.0 but on the new version it always throws this error.

Not understanding the root cause of this inconsistency of the drill.

Please guide me through some solution so that I can keep this version for futher process . Or should I go back to previous version ?

Note: I have already cleaned the logs and then restarted .

Error Message is as below:

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR: IndexOutOfBoundsException: index: 0, length: 4 (expected: range(0, 0)) Fragment 0:0 [Error Id: 76ea9bcd-f2c5-4774-ba61-53ec5895853a on 192.168.10.192:31010] (java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException) index: 0, length: 4 (expected: range(0, 0)) io.netty.buffer.DrillBuf.checkIndexD():122 io.netty.buffer.DrillBuf.chk():146 io.netty.buffer.DrillBuf.getInt():523 org.apache.drill.exec.vector.UInt4Vector$Accessor.get():438 org.apache.drill.exec.vector.complex.ListVector$Mutator.startNewValue():304 org.apache.drill.exec.vector.complex.impl.UnionListWriter.startList():460 org.apache.drill.exec.vector.complex.impl.AbstractPromotableFieldWriter.startList():121 org.apache.drill.exec.vector.complex.impl.PromotableWriter.startList():41 org.apache.drill.exec.vector.complex.impl.MapOrListWriterImpl.start():68 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():54 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():113 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():110 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():110 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():110 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():110 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():113 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():110 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.OjaiValueWriter.writeToListOrMap():110 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.FieldTransferVectorWriter.writeDBDocument():46 org.apache.drill.exec.store.mapr.db.json.MaprDBJsonRecordReader.next():322 org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.ScanBatch.internalNext():229 org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.ScanBatch.next():274 org.apache.drill.exec.record.AbstractRecordBatch.next():119 org.apache.drill.exec.record.AbstractRecordBatch.next():109 org.apache.drill.exec.record.AbstractSingleRecordBatch.innerNext():51 org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.project.ProjectRecordBatch.innerNext():134 org.apache.drill.exec.record.AbstractRecordBatch.next():164 org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.BaseRootExec.next():105 org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.ScreenCreator$ScreenRoot.innerNext():83 org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.BaseRootExec.next():95 org.apache.drill.exec.work.fragment.FragmentExecutor$1.run():233 org.apache.drill.exec.work.fragment.FragmentExecutor$1.run():226 java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged():-2 javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs():422 org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs():1633 org.apache.drill.exec.work.fragment.FragmentExecutor.run():226 org.apache.drill.common.SelfCleaningRunnable.run():38 java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker():1142 java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run():617 java.lang.Thread.run():745

Thanks

Outcomes