AnsweredAssumed Answered

Java client to access secure cluster

Question asked by mkaps on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 by maprcommunity

I am running java client for creating json table (GitHub - tgrall/mapr-nosql-samples: Sample Applications for MapR DB ). I have setup the env variable to pick up correct MapR client config. My cluster is secure and i have a ticket generated using maprlogin in conf directory.

When the program runs and login to cluster (MaprSecurityLoginModule.login()), it is trying to create a Ticket from the key which fails. I found out that key generated using maprlogin is ServerKey while the code is looking for CldbKey. I understand that CldbKey is only located at node and not the client.

Here is the trace of the error :

Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: MapR user ticket not available! error = com.mapr.security.MutableInt@b51252
at com.mapr.security.maprsasl.MaprSecurityLoginModule.getMaprServerTicketAndKey(MaprSecurityLoginModule.java:124)
at com.mapr.security.maprsasl.MaprSecurityLoginModule.login(MaprSecurityLoginModule.java:198)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

What do I need to do to be able to login into secure cluster ? I am using Mapr Client 5.2. I am not using kerberos login and using a system id. I did setup uid and gid in core-site.xml.

thanks

Outcomes