AnsweredAssumed Answered

Zeppelin fails in MapR 6 with "Unable to obtain MapR credentials"

Question asked by rbukarev on Feb 15, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 by srijharsha

I'm trying to configure Zeppelin (0.7.3) to work with Spark on a secure MapR 6 cluster.

First question: is Zeppelin supported on MapR 6 only via Data Science Refinery (i.e. via docker container)? The reason I'm asking this is because I'm basically following this document: How to Use Spark & PySpark with Zeppelin using the Native Spark Interpreter 

Now, the problem I get, after all configurations are done, is Null Pointer Exception when I try to execute a Note with spark interpreter.

Here's an excerpt from Zeppelin log that I guess points to the root cause:

======================
Caused by: java.io.IOException: failure to login: Unable to obtain MapR credentials
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromSubject(UserGroupInformation.java:751)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:688)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(UserGroupInformation.java:572)
        at org.apache.spark.util.Utils$$anonfun$getCurrentUserName$1.apply(Utils.scala:2405)
Caused by: com.mapr.login.MapRLoginException: Unable to authenticate as ticket is not available
        at com.mapr.login.client.MapRLoginHttpsClient.authenticateIfNeeded(MapRLoginHttpsClient.java:173)
        at com.mapr.login.client.MapRLoginHttpsClient.authenticateIfNeeded(MapRLoginHttpsClient.java:115)
        at com.mapr.security.maprsasl.MaprSecurityLoginModule.login(MaprSecurityLoginModule.java:222)
======================
As I mentioned, this is a secure cluster, and I believe Zeppelin can't properly authenticate (against what?), even though it's running under mapr account.
So the question two is what else I might check?

Outcomes