AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drill explorer showing wrong values querying mapr audit logs

Question asked by reedv on Jan 30, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2018 by smopsy

Having problem where queries done on mapr audit logs are showing rows where the "user" column values are totally wrong (I don't know if this would happen with other log files since have only been testing on mapr audit logs and don't really have any other files similar to the mapr audit logs to cross-test on).

Please see the image below:

drill-explorer_all-users-have-same-username_001.PNG

Notice that the query specifies the user "rvillanueva", yet the table presented has the user "mapr", while at the same time the uid is that of rvillanuneva 5002 (mapr's uid is 5000). This seems obviously wrong to me (would expect the user to be "rvillanueva"). Could it have something to do with the fact that I was connected to drill explorer as user mapr at the time of entering the query (to me this seems unlikely since I also sign into the drill web UI as mapr for what will be shown next)?

What is even weirder is that running that same query in the drill web UI gives the results: drill-explorer_all-users-have-same-username_002.PNG

which we can see gives the correct user name and uid.

I don't really know what to make of this, so if anyone has any opinions would like to hear them. Thanks.

Outcomes