AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drill 1.11 on MapR 6.0 Secure Cluster

Question asked by mandoskippy on Jan 3, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2018 by mandoskippy

So, while I know I've opened another thread on this (Drill Won't Start on Secure Cluster ) I don't think this is related as I try to approach this. 

I've recently upgraded my cluster to MapR 6.0 and it's a Secure Cluster. I am trying to get Drill to run on nodes, where essentially, MFS is not running on the physical nodes. Instead, I have a Posix Client running, and that includes the hadoop client. 

I've generated the service tickets per the previous thread, and when I try to start drill I get the error below (which is very odd to me, exact same setup on MapR 5.2 and Drill 1.10 worked great)

It should be noted that as the mapr user (the user running Drill) I can from the command line run

hadoop fs -ls /  

and

hadoop fs -ls maprfs:///

Both return the correct listing with no errors. 

Any idea why Drill wouldn't see the filesystem maprfs? 

Thanks!

John

Errror:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Failure while initializing values in Drillbit.      at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:345)      at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:323)      at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.main(Drillbit.java:319) Caused by: org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.ExecutionSetupException: A System Table provider was either not specified or could not be found or instantiated      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.PersistentStoreRegistry.newPStoreProvider(PersistentStoreRegistry.java:61)      at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.<init>(Drillbit.java:126)      at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:343)      ... 2 more Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.PersistentStoreRegistry.newPStoreProvider(PersistentStoreRegistry.java:57)      ... 4 more Caused by: org.apache.drill.exec.exception.StoreException: unable to get filesystem      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.store.provider.ZookeeperPersistentStoreProvider.<init>(ZookeeperPersistentStoreProvider.java:61)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.store.provider.ZookeeperPersistentStoreProvider.<init>(ZookeeperPersistentStoreProvider.java:45)      ... 9 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: maprfs      at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2684)      at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2691)      at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$300(FileSystem.java:98)      at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2773)      at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2755)      at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:411)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.DrillFileSystem.<init>(DrillFileSystem.java:95)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.DrillFileSystem.<init>(DrillFileSystem.java:91)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.DrillFileSystem.<init>(DrillFileSystem.java:87)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.store.LocalPersistentStore.getFileSystem(LocalPersistentStore.java:110)      at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.store.provider.ZookeeperPersistentStoreProvider.<init>(ZookeeperPersistentStoreProvider.java:59)      ... 10 more

Outcomes