I am relatively new to MapR, and I am still learning basic concepts that MapR-FS covers.
I am aware of the concept of volumes and the details of how to create them, and to use them in order to better manage the data. I know as well the volumes are exclusive to MapR and do not make part of HDFS.
My question is, how does MapR-FS manage the HDFS directories that are not mapped to any MapR volumes?
If I have an HDFS path named '/a' .. which is not a mount path to any MapR FS volume, neither any of the sub-paths of '/a' ... so how the data contained in this path is handled by MapR-FS.
Lot of questions come in my mind :
- How this data is secured?
- How this data is replicated?
- Can one create data outside of MapR-FS volumes?
- Is there a default volume for this kind of situation?
- What is the topology of the data that is outside of volumes?
- Who is the Accountable Entity of this data?
- ... etc
Thanks in advance.