AnsweredAssumed Answered

shutdown 1 zookeeper causing all cldb down

Question asked by waikiat.yip on Jul 17, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 by MichaelSegel

Hi Guys, 

anyone faced this issue before ?

3 Nodes- HP Servers 

Mapr Version : 5.2.1

Installer version : mapr-installer-v1.5.201705041557.rpm.gz ,  mapr-mep-v3.0.0.201704051422.rpm.gz,   mapr-setup.sh  mapr-v5.2.1GA.rpm.tgz

3 nodes with CLDB and zookeeper installed.

installed 3nodes successfully.

there is very strange issue. when i shutdown node 3 warden and zoo-keeper then all CLDB will bring down. i checked mapr warden and zookeeper in node1 and node 2, its returning running.    

These are the test case we have tested:

1)      Node 2 and Node 3 are working fine (warden and zoo-keeper running),  shutdown node 1(systemctl stop mapr-warden, systemctl stop mapr-zookeeper)  MCS , Mapr drive still working normal  in Node 2 and Node 3.

2)      Node 1 and Node 3 are working fine (warden and zoo-keeper running),  shutdown node 2 (systemctl stop mapr-warden, systemctl stop mapr-zookeeper)  MCS , Mapr drive still working normal  in Node 2 and Node 3.

3)      Node 1 and Node 2 are working fine (warden and zoo-keeper running),  shutdown node 3 (systemctl stop mapr-warden, systemctl stop mapr-zookeeper)  MCS  and  Mapr drive  not able to access. - we are expecting Node 1 and Node 2 Mapr should not have impact after shutdown node 3. Can you please help is Mapr production issue  or any setting I need to amend ?  please find attached the adminuiapp.log

One more testing I have done is .

4)      Node 1 and Node 2 are working fine (warden and zoo-keeper running),  shutdown node 3 (systemctl stop mapr-warden)  MCS  and  Mapr drive  able to access, but after shutdown mapr-zookeeper in node 3 then cant access mapr drive from node 1 and node 2.

Thanks 

Yip

Outcomes