AnsweredAssumed Answered

MapR Windows Client: Permission Denied

Question asked by rahlord on May 5, 2017
Latest reply on May 8, 2017 by maprcommunity

I have set up the MapR Windows Client on my local machine and I am able to generally connect to our Remote Cluster. However, I am experiencing an issue regarding permissions. I have followed the instructions closely to set up impersonation for my user, having the UID, GID, and User Name match the identification in the cluster. It seems that this is being ignored for certain directories in which I am able to access while logged into the cluster. Additionally, this permission issue is also occurring when attempting to connect to spark yarn.

To check user permissions, I used the command 'hadoop fs -touchz /tmp/testfile' from my local machine and inspected the file with stat. The User information associated with this temp file matches that on the cluster.

I have been struggling with this issue for over a week and have not been able to find documentation or answers around it.

17/05/05 15:39:22 WARN metrics.MetricsSystem: Stopping a MetricsSystem that is n
ot running
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: User myuser(user id 10035033) has been denied access to create application_1492147381518_1549
at com.mapr.fs.MapRFileSystem.makeDir(MapRFileSystem.java:1279)
at com.mapr.fs.MapRFileSystem.mkdirs(MapRFileSystem.java:1299)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.mkdirs(FileSystem.java:1912)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.mkdirs(FileSystem.java:633)
at org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn.Client.prepareLocalResources(Client.scala:385)

If the UID and GID match the cluster, what other factors could be at play regarding this permission issue?

Outcomes