AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mapr Installation on Centos is failing

Question asked by pradeepanumala on Apr 5, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 by pradeepanumala

Unable to install MapR 5.2 on Centos using MapR installer.

It fails with the below error message.

failed: [fail msg="Failed to format {{ mapr.node.disks|join(',') }} for MapR-FS. Review {{ mapr_home }}/logs/disksetup.0.log, address the reported issues and retry installation"] [10.10.110.179] => {"failed": true}
Failed to format /dev/mapper/centos-pool00_tmeta,/dev/mapper/centos-pool00_tdata,/dev/sr0 for MapR-FS. Review /opt/mapr/logs/disksetup.0.log, address the reported issues and retry installation

I checked the disksetup.0.log and I see

ExitDiskSetup:210 ERROR /dev/mapper/centos-pool00_tmeta failed. Error 16, Device or resource busy. Disk is used by some other module/process.['  File "/opt/mapr/server/disksetup", line 1398, in <module>\n    RunDiskSetup();\n', '  File "/opt/mapr/server/disksetup", line 1277, in RunDiskSetup\n    InitAllDisk(force);\n', '  File "/opt/mapr/server/disksetup", line 649, in InitAllDisk\n    disk.InitDevices(forceOption);\n', '  File "/opt/mapr/server/disksetup", line 513, in InitDevices\n    InitDisk(dev, forceOption);\n', '  File "/opt/mapr/server/disksetup", line 372, in InitDisk\n    AbortWithError(rc, errMsg, devicePath);\n', '  File "/opt/mapr/server/disksetup", line 240, in AbortWithError\n    stack_trace = traceback.format_stack(frame)\n']

I have run the commands

lsof <partition> 

sudo fuser <partition>

Also the disk is not mounted as I don't see it in the results of mount command

The disk doesn't have an entry in  /etc/fstab

Please let me know what I am missing. I am a beginner and installing MapR for the first time.

Outcomes