AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to start Accumulo tserver

Question asked by ngan123 on Mar 19, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 by maprcommunity

I followed the instructions at:

Get the Best of Both Worlds: How to Install Accumulo on Your MapR Cluster | MapR 

to set up Accumulo (version 1.8.0, different from the post but essentially the same steps) on a single node. The setup used to work fine a few weeks ago. However, when I tried to start Accumulo now, after a while since it was run, the tserver is unable to start up and the following error messages are thrown in the 'tserver_myhostname.log'

===============

2017-03-20 00:15:36,708 [log.LogSorter] INFO : Copying maprfs:///accumulo/wal/myhostname+9996/1880c9f1-0ebb-4bdd-ac31-e418c643a4a3 to maprfs:/accumulo/recovery/1880c9f1-0ebb-4bdd-ac31-e418c643a4a3
2017-03-20 00:15:36,731 [log.LogSorter] ERROR: Caught throwable
java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad version number for log file: expected 2, but saw 0
        at org.apache.accumulo.tserver.logger.LogFileKey.readFields(LogFileKey.java:53)
        at org.apache.accumulo.tserver.log.LogSorter$LogProcessor.sort(LogSorter.java:141)
        at org.apache.accumulo.tserver.log.LogSorter$LogProcessor.process(LogSorter.java:96)
        at org.apache.accumulo.server.zookeeper.DistributedWorkQueue$1.run(DistributedWorkQueue.java:107)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at org.apache.accumulo.fate.util.LoggingRunnable.run(LoggingRunnable.java:35)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

===================

I reran the installation on a new copy, version 1.8.0 as well as 1.8.1 by following the same steps, and unfortunately get the same error on the new installs. The tablet server as well as the tables are offline. If it is related to wals being inconsistent in maprfs, is it possible to clear the wals from being recovered. Also the recovery path ('maprfs:/accumulo/recovery/') seems to be missing a few '/'s. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Outcomes