What other best practices does your company follow for maintenance and upgrades? What pitfalls can you avoid with careful planning? For example, why is it important to notify users multiple times before an upgrade occurs?
Below is the business process we follow for maintenance/upgrade
1. Make sure you inform the business about the maintenance/upgrade in advance. Give some details about maintenance activities/task
2. Try to perform maintenance/upgrade process after business hours if possible
3. Plan and schedule
a. Which node to perform maintenance first, etc..
b. What kind of maintenance activity we would be performing. e.g software upgrade, new disks, etc.
4. Create a checklist for list of the tasks
5. Make sure volume data is have additional backup; Mirror data to remote cluster
6. Notify business users / data lake users that maintenance / upgrade has been completed. Give a quick details what has been done on the cluster and what sort of performance/new features after maintenance.
Give some contact info of cluster admin to notify in case of any problems
Retrieving data ...