The MapR Certified Data Analyst (MCDA) exam covers Apache Hive, Apache Drill, and Apache Pig. The exam currently includes only multiple choice questions. Download the MCDA Study Guide and follow the recommendations below to help prepare for exam day.
In order to pass the exam, you will need strong SQL skills. There are many free SQL courses online, including:
Next, you will need to understand the Apache Hadoop ecosystem, Big Data, and the MapR Converged Data Platform. You can learn this from the Essentials Series:
- ESS 100 – Introduction to Big Data
- ESS 101 – Apache Hadoop Essentials
- ESS 102 – MapR Converged Data Platform Essentials
The bulk of the exam focuses on Apache Drill, Apache Hive, and Apache Pig. You can learn these tools from the Data Analyst Series:
- DA 410 - Apache Drill Essentials
- DA 415 - Apache Drill Architecture
- DA 440 - Apache Hive Essentials
- DA 450 - Apache Pig Essentials
You can also read some of these related threads on MapR Community or start your own discussions:
- Developer or Data Analyst
- What skills are most needed for a data science career?
- How should I prepare for my exam?