AnsweredAssumed Answered

What are best practices to ensure a stable MapR Sandbox for demos?

Question asked by stefanpapp on Sep 20, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 by aengelbrecht

I am working with a MapR Sandbox on my notebook. The goal is demonstrate some simple functionalities on MapR.

My impression is that the MapR Sandbox is not that stable as it could be when you work with a minimum setup. I very often run into a "ERROR 3: Services did not start within two minutes." I have a MacBook Pro (16 GB RAM, 2 cores). I am aware that the minimum requirements are 4 physical cores and 8 GB RAM, however I assume this should still work out for really simple use cases.

In the beginning, I thought the reason is that I did a reset and that there is a unresolved CLDB lock, however I also realized it happens with a rollback to an initial state of the image. When this Error 3 happens, it is always the same scenario CLDB is down, but other services as the warden are running. In a demo, I cannot start all services manually in case I run into problems

What are the best practices to ensure that I can start a demo on my notebook?

Some additional information: The logs /opt/mapr/logs/createsystemvolumes.log have entries: MoveToNextCldb: No CLDB entries, cannot run, sleeping 5 seconds!

Outcomes