AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to clear the 'Upgrade Failed' notification?

Question asked by andrew.carne on May 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 by andrew.carne

When I upgraded from MapR Community Edition 5.0 to 5.1, I initially encountered some errors during the upgrade process which caused it to fail.

I subsequently fixed the issues and re-ran the upgrade. The process claimed it completed successfully, and the cluster is running fine, however if I bring up the installer page it continues to show that "The previous upgrade operation failed. Fix any errors and click upgrade to continue."

Clicking the available "Continue Upgrading" button brings me to the "Upgrade" step, and shows all 5 nodes installed and with green backgrounds. I can then click the 'Next' button and get to the Upgrade Nearly Complete page. I have performed all post-upgrade steps, however if I return to the main installer page I'm once again presented with the same upgrade failed page.

I'd been just ignoring the issue for the last little while, however now I want to install a new ecosystem component but can't get to the main install page as a result of the above issue.

Any suggestions? It seems like there is just a 'failed upgrade' flag somewhere that isn't clearing properly as opposed to any actual issue with the cluster. Is there a way I can manually reset the flag?

Outcomes