AnsweredAssumed Answered

MaprDB 5.0 Write Error - error = Invalid argument(22)

Question asked by gesgeorge on Mar 18, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 by mufeed
Branched to a new discussion

Hi,

I've come across an error while writing data to MaprDB (v5.0). The error is as follows:

2016-03-18 14:53:44,8583 ERROR Client fs/client/fileclient/cc/putbuffer.cc:987 Thread: 67832 Error in PutRPC for table /core/core.vtmf, error = Invalid argument(22), tablet 2110.1283.280368, periodicFlush = 1
2016-03-18 14:53:44,8593 ERROR Client fs/client/fileclient/cc/writequeue.cc :151 Thread: 67832 WriteBuf null/err. 22

This does not seems to happen for all data being written; but I don't have a pattern for what form of data it is failing.

I'm using the async hbase api to write to the table. The table was originally defined with 9 column families, but due to the above failure I tried with various number of column families but I see failures even with two column families.

I saw some comments in the forum about version mismatch between the installed version and the version of the libs being used in the client code but I have gone through a painful process of verifying that all the dependencies match what is installed on the cluster. (Painful because the maven dependencies do not seem to be updated correctly, the dependencies of the maven libs mentioned in the docs do not match the installation version; for example, the maven dependencies of asynchbase:1.6.0-mapr-1504 points to mapr 4.1.)

Attached is a screenshot of my java lib dependencies. The MAPR Version is 5.0

Please let me know what more information I should provide to help resolve this issue.

Outcomes