Filter by Training Content

CindyXL
Hi there,   I'm doing DEV362 Lession 10 Lab 10.3 at the moment. When I tried the step below on page L10-15 of the lab guide: flightsRDD.map(flight => flight.origin).distinct.collect.foreach(x => { originMap += (x -> index1); index1 += 1 })   The spark job stage 1 seems to be stuck. I killed the stage from Spark job console at 20mins and tried… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
onelson
Log into the MapR Community to add to course discussions. Connect with and learn from other students as well as MapR subject matter experts.   Course Discussions Essentials (ESS 100) Lesson 1 – Describe your big data problem Essentials (ESS 102) Lesson 6 – What features are important for your big data projects?   Find all course discussions:…
in MapR Academy
yashn
Hello, I am doing DEV360 course, but I am not able to find lab files in my account. Kindly help me on this.     Thanks
in MapR Academy
ss_nj_ct
I am about to start labs for DEV-360, 361, 362 course. For some reason have not been able to locate the files DEV3600_LAB_DATA.zip and DEV3600_LAB_FILES.zip. Would really appreciate if somebody can tell me where to get those files from. Thanks in advance  
in MapR Academy
sunnysingh
Hi Team,   I am trying to start lab activities but unable to find data files to do so.   Request you to look into this.   Thanks, Manish
in MapR Academy
prasadkss
Hello Onna Nelson    I have started with the Hadoop self training courses in MapR. I heard that below is the sequence to learn Hadoop developer courses better in MapR and finished ESS 100 & 101 few days ago. Could you please let me know am I in the right direction or I'm missing any course from MapR like ESS 102? ESS 100 – Introduction to Big… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
rahulb
Hi, During the lesson of DEV-301 course, it is mentioned a ”local" MapR volume is created to store the intermediate map results.Now, this volume is called "local" because its contents are not replicated across the MapR cluster.Now in the second paragraph, it is also mentioned if there is contention, the MapR-FS will delete replicated containers… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
Lokesh
I was looking into a question in document spark-certification-study-guide.pdf. I felt the answer key to this question is wrong. Could somebody please confirm what i think is right?   6. Given the pair RDD country that contains tuples of the form ((Country, count)), which of the following is used to get the country with the lowest number of… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
Lokesh
In the below snapshot, captured from DEV3600SlideGuide.pdf page 317, it states fraudulent log attempt detection is case for clustering. I am wondering how is this problem for clustering. Is this not a binary classification problem?   Could somebody please help me out understand this?   Regards, Lokesh   
in MapR Academy
onelson
Think about the 3 Vs of big data: volume, velocity, and variety.   What features make your data difficult to store, process, or describe? Share specific stories of how you have struggled with a big data problem.
in MapR Academy
onelson
Discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of various big data solutions, such as HDFS and MapR-FS. What are the limitations of each? What features do you need to solve your big data problems?
in MapR Academy
ovrsg
Im doing Lab 3 of the Dev 3000 Developing Hadoop Apps When ever i do step 1 of "Compile and Run the Map-only MapReduce Program"(executing ./rebuild.sh script) i get permission denied.I have tried using sudo with no luck.
in MapR Academy
moumita_ghosh
 I have purchased the exam on 11 dec 2016 much before the new cancellation policies came to practice. Now I want to refund it.Kindly initiate my refund Process. with reference to this I also send mail. kindly reply.
in MapR Academy
Load more items