Filter by Training Content

Announcement 1 Looking for MapR enthusiasts for Gartner online survey
Announcement 2 Cast your vote for 2018 DBTA Readers' Choice Awards!Announcement 3 MapR Converge Community Briefly Unavailable on Friday, Apr. 27, 2018Announcement count
onelson
Now that you have experienced how easy it is to query simple and complex data with Drill, what are your initial thoughts on how you can use Drill to speed up your data analysis or to query data that you could not access before? Will you query JSON files or other complex data?
in MapR Academy
vgali
Hi, I have few questions related to MapR partner trainings, sent few emails to   partnerlearning@mapr.com; partners@mapr.com ; training@mapr.com.    so far I haven't received any response. Are these corrct partner training contacts? are they changed recently? Are there anyupdated contact email of partner trainngs moderators ?   Thanks
in MapR Academy
sohan
As of now, we got the RDD which has the Cassandra data. We are trying to convert the RDD to DataFrame so that we can save the data to MapR-DB. We are getting following error while converting the RDD to DF.   scala> dstream.foreachRDD { rdd=>      |  val sqlContext = SQLContext.getOrCreate(cassandraRDD.sparkContext)      | import spark.implicits._… (Show more)
in Answers
erictanyz
I went through the entire DEV 362 course. However, the checkbox for all the lessons were left unchecked. I tried multiple times but the checkbox remains unchecked. Does anyone have a solution for this? I encountered the same issue previously when I attempted the ADM 201 course.
in MapR Academy
srikumaran.t
I thought org.apache.sqoop.validation.RowCountValidator will take count while sqoop retrieve records from source, but its taking count after the MR completes. How to handle this in live RDBMS?How to handle this? Also, How to use Percentage Tolerant? Reference: https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.6/SqoopUserGuide.html
in Answers
vgali
Hi, When can we expect an updated version of MapR Hadoop Developer certification for either Hadoop version 2.7.0/2.9.0 (Or)  Hadoop version 3.1.0 ?   How would that be different compared to existing certification? what new topics, technology can we expect? What topics from existing certification will be removed?   Will there be any other… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
coco_6
Hi, I missed my MCDA Test (used promotion code), and I wish to retake now.  I have a new promotion code, but I didn't found the way to apply it... Anyone could advise?   
in MapR Academy
erictanyz
I went through the entire ADM 201 course. However, the checkbox for lessons 5 and 6 were left unchecked. I tried multiple times but the checkbox remains unchecked. Does anyone have a solution for this?
in MapR Academy
aarun2905
Hi Team, I am trying to install Impala on linux machine  which is isolated from a mapr cluster. My linux machine on centos 7.0  and mapr cluster is having basic  hadoop eco-systems installed. I am trying the below senario: In my linux machine I installed impala(imapla server ,statestore,catalog store) and tried to get the meta store … (Show more)
in Answers
scottida
I'm trying to install a 4.1.0 cluster for ADM210 and keep running into the following MapR installer error:   2018-04-09 21:44:35,001 callbacks 271 [INFO]: ip-xxx.us-west-2.compute.internal stderr: cp: cannot stat `/opt/mapr/hadoop/hadoop-2.7.0/share/hadoop/common/lib/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar': No such file or directory 2018-04-09 21:44:35,001… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
scottida
The ADM210 Lab guide references a ADM210 sandbox (of MapR 4.1.0) but there's no link to the sandbox.  Anyone know where to find it?          Thanks     From the lab guide Lab Requirements You will need the following to complete all the labs for this course: Access to a physical or virtual cluster running MapR version 4.1.0, Hive version… (Show more)
in MapR Academy
Load more items