Several pre-defined deployment examples have been provided for deploying into AWS in the form of CloudFormation Templates (CFTs). In some cases these templates are close, but not exactly appropriate for deploying a MapR cluster. This could be the case if an organization gives out restricted permissions, has specific networking rules, or any other specific customization needed.
In these cases, it may be appropriate to customize one of the MapR-provided CFT examples.
AWS CloudFormation is a powerful scripting language with many features and capabilities. This document is not intended to be a comprehensive training on CFT, and assumes you have basic CFT knowledge. You can learn the core concepts of CFT at the AWS CloudFormation Documentation.
Customizing a Template
- Use the table provided in pre-defined deployment examples to choose the template that most closely matches what you're trying to accomplish.
- Click the 'download' link in the table to pull the CFT to your local system.
- Open the CloudFormation Template Designer.
- From the Designer UI, click Open > From File and select the template you just downloaded.
- Make appropriate modifications to the template.
- Save the template.
- Run the template.