Spark Troubleshooting Guide: Master list with Links to detailed articles.

Document created by hdevanath Employee on Jun 19, 2017Last modified by hdevanath Employee on Jun 19, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

This is a master list of all the articles compiled as the Spark Troubleshooting Guide.

Spark Troubleshooting Guide
1.0Spark Troubleshooting Guide: Master list with Links to detailed articles. (This article)
Running Spark
1.1Spark Troubleshooting Guide: Running Spark: How do I add verbose logs for Spark Driver and Executor?
1.2Spark Troubleshooting Guide: Running Spark: How to connect to Spark Thrift Server?
1.3Spark Troubleshooting Guide: Running Spark: How to collect GC statistics for Spark (Garbage Collection)

Profiling Spark
2.1Spark Troubleshooting guide: Profiling Spark: How to collect heap dump using jmap utility
2.2Spark Troubleshooting guide: Profiling Spark: How to collect jstack for a known executor or driver process
2.3Spark Troubleshooting guide: Profiling Spark: How to collect jstat data?

Tuning Spark
3.1Spark Troubleshooting guide: Tuning Spark: Estimating Memory and CPU utilization for Spark jobs
3.2Spark Troubleshooting guide: Tuning Spark: How do I tune the Spark History Server for large event logs?

Debugging Spark Applications
4.1Spark Troubleshooting guide: Debugging Spark Applications: How to pass log4j.properties from executor and driver.
4.2Spark Troubleshooting guide: Debugging Spark Applications: How to add MapR file client debug from Spark application.

Spark Memory Management
5.1Spark Troubleshooting guide: Memory Management: How do I troubleshoot typical out-of-memory (OOM) issues on Spark Driver?
5.2Spark Troubleshooting guide: Memory Management: How to troubleshooting out-of-memory (OOM) issues on Spark Executor

Spark SQL

6.1Spark Troubleshooting guide: Spark SQL: How do I print the Schema of a Dataframe?
6.2Spark Troubleshooting guide: Spark SQL: How do I generate Physical, Logical and Optimized Logical Plan?
6.3Spark Troubleshooting guide: Spark SQL: Examples of commonly used Spark SQLTuning properties?
4 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes