|Date:||May 16th 2017|
425 W Randolph St, Floor 12
|Time:||5:15 pm (CST)|
|Registration Link:||Chicago area Hadoop User Group (CHUG) (Chicago, IL) | Meetup|
ABOUT THE EVENT
Founded in 2010, the core focus of the Chicago area Hadoop Users Group (CHUG) has been on Hadoop and the related Big Data tools.
When building a real-time data pipeline or a streaming data application, you often need to import/export data to and from Kafka. You usually build your own DIY solution using Kafka producer or consumer API or use tools such as Scoop, Flume, Camus, Nifi, an ETL tool or even a stream processor!
This talk will introduce the Kafka Connect framework, part of Kafka since 0.9 release, as an easier and simpler alternative and show you in practice how to integrate Kafka with other data systems by simply writing configuration files while leveraging one of the over 60 existing Kafka connectors and writing minimal code if individual messages need to be transformed in flight for data masking or advanced partitioning.
This talk will be answering the following questions:
- What is Kafka Connect, its key concepts and features?
- How does it compare to previous options/tools for getting data into and out of Apache Kafka?
- What are and where to find the over 60 existing Kafka Connect connectors?
- How to use Kafka Connect connectors in practice with a live demo to rapidly stream events in and out of Kafka through configuration and no code or minimal code?
- Where to learn more about Kafka connect?
- Link to complete agenda and details: https://www.meetup.com/Chicago-area-Hadoop-User-Group-CHUG/events/238927969/
• Slim Baltagi is a currently leading the Big Data practice at Advanced Analytics LLC.
• He is a Chicago-based IT leader with extensive Big Data/Fast Data experience as Director/Architect/Engineer at fortune 500 companies.
• He is an organizer of many Real-Time streaming analytics meetups in US cities and abroad and a speaker at many Big Data conferences and meetups with over 250,000 views of his slides at slideshare.net and video recordings on youtube.
- Slide deck and related content will be available after the talk.