What is Zeppelin?
Multi-purpose Notebook that covers all your needs
- Data Ingestion
- Data Discovery
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization & Collaboration
- Apache Zeppelin interpreter concept allows any language/data-processing-backend to be plugged into Zeppelin. Currently Apache Zeppelin supports many interpreters such as Apache Spark, Python, JDBC, Markdown and Shell.
- Provides built-in Apache Spark integration. You don't need to build a separate module, plugin or library for it.
- Some basic charts are already included in Apache Zeppelin. Visualizations are not limited to SparkSQL query, any output from any language backend can be recognized and visualized.
- Apache Zeppelin can dynamically create some input forms in your notebook.
- Your notebook URL can be shared among collaborators. Then Apache Zeppelin will broadcast any changes in realtime, just like the collaboration in Google docs.