What is MapR Persistent Application Client Containers (PACCs)?
MapR Persistent Application Client Containers (PACCs) supports containerization of existing and new applications by providing containers with persistent data access from anywhere. With the introduction of MapR Persistent Application Client Containers (PACCs), containerized applications can easily leverage all the MapR platform services (MapR-XD, MapR-DB, MapR-ES as a persistent data store.
- Pre-built, certified container image. A Docker image is provided for connecting to all converged data platform services, including MapR-FS, MapR-DB, and MapR Streams. The image is streamlined to include all the necessary bits - no more, no less - required to leverage MapR as a persistent data store for your containerized applications.
- Flexibility in Deployment. Application containers that leverage MapR PACCs can be deployed on MapR nodes as well as remote client nodes, including nodes in the cloud.
- Secure authentication at container level, allowing for secure connections. MapR PACCs allow for authentication at a container level to ensure containerized applications only have access to data for which they are authorized. Communications are encrypted to ensure privacy when accessing data in mapR.
- Docker image available. A Docker image for the MapR PACC is available on Docker Hub. This image can be used as is after brief configuration of cluster location, ticket location (if using security), etc.
- Dockerfile available. A Dockerfile is also available on GitHub, allowing you to further customize the image as needed to support your specific application needs.