We're excited that you've decided to submit a blog in the MapR Converge Community! Those contributing to the Community are expected to write about big data, analytics, stream processing, NoSQL, Hadoop, storage, use cases, and other related topics.
Please make sure your post follows the guidelines below to ensure your blog remains published:
- Blog post topics should be at least one of the following:
- Educational: The post teaches our members something of value.
- Constructive: Reader can apply a practice or procedure in their daily work.
- Keep it brand neutral.
- Make it unique, no previously posted content.
- Include relevant links that add value for the reader.
- We require posts to be a minimum of 600 words in length and we favor posts over 1,200 words. It must be contain within itself, providing all necessary information to follow up. Summaries and pointers to external resources will not be valid.
- Use headings and lists for better readability.
- You should have the rights to the images used for your post and include attribution as needed.
- Can you provide links to more information (code examples, documents, other MapR blog posts)?
- Please have your profile completed. Read the "Update your MapR Community Profile with a Photo and Biography" of this document
- Stuck? Need inspiration? Review the questions below under Thoughts for the Author
In the case your post is found in violation of any of the above guidelines, it may be rejected or, in case already published, removed without prior notification.
Thoughts to consider for bloggers
- What will make my blog post more valuable for the reader?
- Has someone already written about this topic – how is my post different?
- Is my topic of significant interest to the big data community?
- Is my topic narrow and deep?
- Have I provided actionable real-world information and insight?
- Is my article technically accurate?
- Have I explained my points clearly and thoroughly?
- Have I used screenshots, graphics, or illustrations to better explain my points or help the reader follow my instructions easier?
- Can I do anything to improve the readability of my post?
- Does my post have headers, bullets, and images that look good and read well?
Supporting your blog post
- Plan to share your blog post via your social network.
- Respond to any comments posted for your blog post.
- MapR may socialize your content.
- MapR may invite you to repost your blog in the MapR Converge Blog, which has thousands of subscribers and is read by millions of people.
Thank you for submitting your post to the MapR Converge Community!