SLIDES NOW AVAILABLE
Please scroll down on this tab to the "Speaker Materials" section
|Date:||September 8, 2016|
3200 Carbon Place, Unit 101, Boulder, CO
ABOUT THE EVENT
Boulder/Denver Big Data Meetup Group aims to educate the Boulder/Denver community about emerging Big Data Technologies.
During this event William Ochandarena, Director of Product Management MapR, will be delivering his talk "Building a Streaming Systems of Record with MapR Streams".
- Building a Streaming Systems of Record with MapR Streams by William Ochandarena - Director of Product Management at MapR
This presentation explores real-time event streaming with Kafka and MapR Streams. We'll start with the basics, look at a few real-world use cases, and then deep-dive on how these concepts can be extended to build a next-generation system of record. In doing so, we'll talk about the relationship of streams to databases, which are historically thought of as the system of record, and talk about how some really hard data management problems are solved using this approach, such as synchronization of multi-model databases, data versioning, and data lineage auditing.
The Basics: Message Queues and Event Logs
What they are, why they matter, some history behind Kafka's development and MapR Streams
Some Real-World Use Cases
Basically answer the questions "What's it good for?" and "Who's using this?"
Kafka / MapR Streams Architecture
High-level overview of message producers, consumers, processors, and queues, along with the Kafka API
Stream / Database Duality Concepts
Applied Streaming System of Record
Achieving synchronization, versioning, and auditing.
Will Ochandarena is Director of Product Management at MapR, responsible for user experience and cloud. Prior to MapR, Will spent some time in the SeaMicro group at AMD, responsible for networking and cloud strategy, and before that was a product manager for the Nexus family of data center switches at Cisco. Will has an engineering degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and and MBA from Santa Clara University.
- Will Ochandarena
OTHER RELATED MATERIALS
- Real Time Credit Card Fraud Detection with Apache Spark and Event Streaming | MapR
- Streaming Architecture: New Designs Using Apache Kafka and MapR Streams | MapR
- Real-Time Streaming Data Pipelines with Apache APIs: Kafka, Spark Streaming, and HBase | MapR
- High Speed Kafka API Publish Subscribe Streaming Architecture: How it works at the message level | MapR
- Getting Started with Sample Programs for Apache Kafka 0.9 | MapR
- What Will You Do in 2016? Apache Spark, Kafka, Drill and More | MapR
- Getting Started with MapR Streams | MapR
- Kudu, Kafka and MapR - A Perspective on Trends Toward Data Convergence | MapR
- Streaming with MapR | MapR Whiteboard Walkthrough
- Latest Videos | MapR Whiteboard Walkthroughhttps://www.mapr.com/resources/videos/mapr-streams-under-hood
- Free On-Demand Training - MapR Streams Essentials
- MapR Streams DataSheet
- MapR Streams vs. Apache Kafka – Whiteboard Walkthrough | MapR (below)
- Apache Spark vs. Apache Flink - Whiteboard Walkthrough - YouTube
- MapR Sandbox VM download page: MapR Sandbox for Hadoop | MapR
- How To Set up Racing/Streams Demo on a Stand-Alone Mac
HAVE A BURNING QUESTION?
Add a comment below. Not sure how?, check this: How do I add a comment or reply to a question in the community?