SPEAKER SLIDES & RELATED MATERIAL AVAILABLE NOW
Scroll down this page to find them all.
|Date:||Aug 30, 2016|
4305 W. Dublin Granville Rd., Dublin, OH
|Time:||17:45 - 20:00|
ABOUT THE EVENT
The MOHUG is a cross-industry community actively involved in leveraging big data to solve real-world business problems. The goal of the meetup is to focus on the practical aspects of using big data to solve business problems in the enterprise.
Join the August edition to celebrate the Meetup's 1st birthday.
- Doing Data Science with Apache Spark– MapR Technologies by Dong Meng
Spark is a distributed computational framework that make data science handy over huge datasets. This presentation will cover some spark core introduction. Then dive in with use cases to run ad-hoc analytical query with SparkSQL, build machine learning pipeline with MLlib, doing graph modeling on GraphX
- Impala performance benchmarks and use cases - Derek Kane from Cloudera.
- Security in the cluster - Erik Nor from Moser Consulting.
As data in Enterprise Hadoop clusters continues to grow, securing that data continues to be an important part of any implementation, yet it often is an afterthought in many implementations. This presentation will cover best practices of securing a cluster including authentication via Kerberos, authorization, ongoing administration, auditing via Ranger, access via Knox, and encryption via TDE, SASL, and SSL. This presentation will demonstrate why each aspect of security is needed, how it is implemented, and what each tool does to protect the data. If time allows, live examples of how the tools are configured and how they protect your data will be shown.
Dong Meng- Data Science with Spark
OTHER RELATED MATERIALS
On apache spark
- Free Ebook: Getting Started with Apache Spark
- Apache Spark Use Case for Better Drug Discovery - Whiteboard Walkthrough - YouTube
- Apache Spark vs. Apache Flink - Whiteboard Walkthrough - YouTube
- Free Hadoop Training: Spark Essentials - Apache Spark Essentials
- Live Demo: Apache Spark on MapR with MLlib - YouTube
- Free Code Friday - Machine Learning with Apache Spark - YouTube
- Getting Started with Apache Spark | eBook
Find more on: spark
- On apache drill