|Date:||July 20, 2016|
333 West 11th Street, Kansas City, MO
|Time:||11:00 - 13:30|
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Kansas City Big Data Group seeks to learn by sharing the projects and ideas associated with what McKinsey Global Institute calls Big Data. Big Data analysis will be the productivity engine that fuels the future. Gather it, mine it, compare it, follow it and Big Data will show us how to make everything better. Healthcare, manufacturing, customer relationships, logistics, civil planning...there is no end to the benefits from the proper, secure and de-identified use of Big Data.
Spark has come a long way since it first showed up in our landscape. Lets spend a few moments looking at how far Spark has come. Lets look at Spark with Hadoop and Spark without Hadoop. In this discussion we will look at deploying Spark the way that best suits your business and solves your data challenges. Taking a look Spark in a converged data environment that maximizes your existing technology and skill set investments while allowing you to pick the flavors of the Apache ecosystem including Spark that best fits real world use cases.
- Jim Bates slideck: Spark with or without hadoop
OTHER RELATED MATERIALS
- Apache Spark Use Case for Better Drug Discovery - Whiteboard Walkthrough - YouTube
- Apache Spark vs. Apache Flink - Whiteboard Walkthrough - YouTube
- Free Hadoop Training: Spark Essentials - Apache Spark Essentials
- Live Demo: Apache Spark on MapR with MLlib - YouTube
- Free Code Friday - Machine Learning with Apache Spark - YouTube
- Find more on: spark hadoop mapr