In an effort to help grow organic communities interested in new technologies, MapR speakers around the world provide technical talks on numerous topics. Please browse our MapR Talks Directory to learn how to search and request a talk in seconds.
This presentation explores real-time event streaming with Kafka and MapR Streams. We'll start with the basics, look at a few real-world use cases, and then focus on a live demonstration of an event stream in action using Kibana, ElasticSearch, and StreamSets. This presentation also provides a high-level Kafka / MapR Streams architecture overview, and explores some of the key considerations for event stream production deployment.
- The Basics: Message Queues and Event Logs
- What they are, why they matter, some history behind Kafka's development and MapR Streams
- Some Real-World Use Cases
- Basically answer the questions "What's it good for?" and "Who's using this?"
- Kafka / MapR Streams Architecture
- High-level overview of message producers, consumers, processors, and queues, along with the Kafka API
- Demo: Message Producers & Consumers
- Live demonstration of an event stream in action - including Kibana visuals on ElasticSearch index populated via a StreamSets pipeline
- Speed, Security, Scalability (and other stuff that matters)
- Overview of key considerations for event stream production deployment
KEYWORDS: Streaming, MapR Streams, Kafka,
Location Availability & Request Link
North America, Japan. Please refer to the MapR Talks Directory for specific countries.
You can request this talk here: Speaker Request
Find all Meetups and Events resources.
Find all MapR Talks: mapr talk
Learn more about Mapr Talks and how to book a speaker: Meetup and Event Organizers Resources