|Date:||July 6, 2016|
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Atlanta Hadoop Users Group is a group of Hadoop & Cloud Computing technologists / enthusiasts / curious people who discuss emerging technologies, Hadoop & related software development (HBase, Hypertable, PIG, etc).
Two facts about developers: 1. We like to code. 2. We're human (and, therefore, inherently lazy). Which is why we like our IDE's and libraries - They give us the flexibility to code our way through the tough problems, while automating the everyday mundane chores.
And that brings us to StreamSets. The promise: An open source IDE for building ingest pipelines with minimal (or no) code, with real-time data flow monitoring, and the ability to adapt to "data drift" caused by unanticipated changes that occur in data streams. This presentation takes a closer look at these capabilities as we step through a live demo using a sandbox environment - we'll configure connectors between HBase, relational databases (using JDBC), Kafka, Elasticsearch, and the filesystem, then we'll look at how these data flows can be monitored with anomaly alerts. Finally, we'll explore what happens when data starts to drift in directions we didn't anticipate.
Attendees will gain an understanding of StreamSets' capabilities, along with requirements for configuring data connectors, monitoring, and responding to change.
Basic knowledge of typical data storage/query platforms (shared filesystems, databases, data warehouses, event logs)
Basic understanding of streaming data use cases
- How To Install StreamSets On The MapR Sandbox
- How To Set up Racing/Streams Demo on a Stand-Alone Mac
- StreamSets | Documentation
- StreamSets | Getting Started on Vimeo
- StreamSets | Overview (video below)
On MapR Streams:
- MapR-ES Resources & Product Information
- Free On-Demand Training on MapR Streams Essentials | MapR
- Free On-Demand Training on Developing MapR Streams Applications | MapR
On the speakers:
- Craig Warman
- Link to complete agenda and details: http://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Hadoop-Users-Group/events/230661523/