As you are monitoring your clusters with MapR Monitoring (Spyglass Initiative), you may uncover interesting ways to represent metrics, create actionable graph panels in Grafana or search filters with Kibana visualizations. It will be very useful for the community group to see and learn from you. Monitoring your clusters this way will be an efficient and engaging experience.
To get you started we have created sample dashboards here:
Here are the steps to follow to share your Spyglass metrics dashboard:
1. After you have finished with your dashboard/panels - take a screenshot and save it on your local machine.
2. Under 'Manage Dashboards' (settings icon) - export your dashboard (it will create a .json file and save it to your local machine).
3. Create a document in the 'MapR Community Exchange' space:
- Go to Exchange homepage and click Actions > Document. Or click here to start a new document.
- Use this Title convention: Spyglass Dashboard: Name of Dashboard
- Write a few sentences about what your goal was and how does this dashboard/panel help you achieve it.
- Embed the screenshot as an image in the document you create using the image icon circled in red below.
- Attach the .json file to this document by clicking on the Attach link in the lower right corner of the document you are creating.
- Publish Location should be MapR Community Exchange.
- Tag the document with spyglass and any other relevant tags.
- Under Categories, select Spyglass Dashboards
- Click Create Document
You will not only get feedback from community members and new ideas for improvement, we will reward the best collaborative effort at the end of beta.
Have questions about sharing your dashboards? Make a comment below.