The Log Dashboard (using Kibana) below provides summary view to do log analysis of your MapR cluster operations. It provides a quick glance of health of cluster services, nodes based on log trends. It helps you view logs filtered in multiple ways:
- By Hosts (total, hourly, weekly)
- By Service Name and Severity Level
- By Host and Service Name
- By Host and Severity Level
You can click on any graph and pin the selection to the dashboard to view log messages with that filter. e.g. if you want to see all opentsdb log messages, just click on that service in the Service/Severity level pie chart, click action to 'pin' and click discover tab to see all the opentsdb log messages. Note that the dashboard view is based on time period chosen on top right corner of the page. This is how the dashboard looks:
Instructions on how to import the dashboard:
1. Please download the attached .json file from below.
2. Log into MCS on your MapR Cluster and click 'Kibana' link. Log into Kibana.
3. Go to Dashboard > Load Dashboard > Manage Dashboards > Import and import the .json file you saved in step 1.
4. Go back to Dashboards>Load Dashboard and choose MapR Monitoring Dashboard from the sample set.