There have been many questions asked in the community about the following error message: ERROR (10009) - Couldn't connect to the CLDB service
Here are some possible causes and solutions to this problem from various answers provided:
1) CAUSE: The maprlogin command has not been run to obtain the security credentials on the node.
SOLUTION: Obtain the maprlogin credentials on the node.
- See: MapR Technical Support Knowledge Article for details: maprcli returns error "ERROR (10009) could not connect to CLDB" in healthy cluster
2) Check mfs.log on the same node. You might get a clue there.
3) CAUSE: There may be a simple permission problem opening the file. It may be trying to open the file and failing.
SOLUTION: Check and see that /opt/mapr/mapr-cli-audit-log exists and is writeable.
4) CAUSE: The unmounted drives may not be formatted.
5) CAUSE: The file may not be accessible to the MapR user.
SOLUTION: Move the storagefile to /tmp and run disksetup again.
su - mapr
and do an ls -la of /root/storagefile