Follow a Tag
There is a lot going on in the community, so you may want to create a custom stream that filters by particular tags, or topics, that you care about. You can filter recent activity by this custom tag stream right on the home page and you can also choose to have the stream emailed to you so that you get notified whenever new content is tagged with a topic you care about.
What are Streams?
A stream shows you real-time updates of activity as people interact with content, people, and places in the community.
There are some streams that are already configured for you on the Home/News page. You can filter the recent content that appears on the home page by clicking on one of the streams so that you can just see recent content in the Answers space, for example.
Creating a Custom Tag Stream
You can create your own custom streams to help you keep up with the tags that matter most to you in your community.
1. Go to the community home/news page: https://community.mapr.com/news
2. Click on the + to the right of News
3. Name the custom stream. In the example below the stream is named 'Analytics'.
4. Search for the tag you want to follow. In the example below, the tag being searched for is drill.
5. Scroll down past People and Content until you get to the Tags section. Click Add on tags that you want to put into the stream.
6. The tags (or people, content, places) that you Add to the stream will move to the left of the screen into the custom stream. In the example below, the Analytics stream includes two tags: 1) spark and 2) drill.
7. When you are done adding all of the tags you want to follow, check Email if you want the stream content to be sent to you via email.
Then click Done.
8. You will now have the custom stream listed as a news stream on your home page. Click on the stream name to filter content right on the home page. Click the push pin icon if you want this stream to become your home page.
9. Once you set up your custom streams, click on your Avatar in the upper right corner of the community to review your notification Preferences. You can decide how you want to get custom streams sent to you. See Manage Email Notification Preferences.
In this example below, the community member will get a daily summary of all activity in the Analytics custom stream.