Working with your Inbox in the MapR Community

Document created by maprcommunity Employee on Feb 14, 2016Last modified by maprcommunity Employee on Feb 14, 2016
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The MapR Community Inbox is where all of the activity you’re participating in resides.  In addition to that it also shows direct social actions (shares, @mentions and messages) as well as some action notifications like when someone follows you or you get invited to a group. Selecting an item in the list will populate the content in the bottom view.  This interface is fully interactive in that you can share, reply and navigate to the content.

Go to your inbox

Your Inbox can be accessed by clicking on the bell icon next to your avatar. Or, go directly by URL: https://community.mapr.com/inbox

Inbox 2-14-16.png

Click on 'Inbox' to view messages and notifications

click on inbox.PNG

Manage your inbox

The Inbox has a few options to allow you to filter the information you’re viewing.

inbox options.PNG

• Unread Only: similar to an email inbox you can choose to see only the unread updates only.
  • Mark all read: marks all updates as read
  • Filter By Type: @mentions, messages, shares and notifications
  • Filter By Participant: type the user’s name to filter out who the update involved

Inbox FAQs

Q: How do I stop following the activity of an item?

A: To stop following the activity of an item, select it and then click the link Hide new activity in the top right corner of the reading view which appears below the inbox list.

hide new activity.PNG

Q: Can I delete items in my Inbox?

A: No. You cannot delete items. They can be marked as unread but cannot be deleted.

Attachments

Outcomes