This document will be updated as new content is created related to the MapR Converged Data Platform Release 5.1.
Get notified when new content is added or someone makes a comment. Click on Actions > Follow > Inbox in the upper right.
Release & Patch Announcements
- The MapR Converged Data Platform Release - Real time, Reliable, Results
- Hadoop Ecosystem Updates
- MapR Security Vulnerability Directory
End of Maintenance
- MapR Version 3.x End of Maintenance Effective February 29, 2016
- Prepare for MapR 4.x End of Maintenance by January 2017
- Patch Installer - End of Support - May 20, 2016
Announcing MapR 5.1
The MapR Converged Data Platform (MCDP) 5.1 represents our vision of a converged data platform, where platform services, open source engines/tools, and commercial engines/applications are tightly interconnected to form the basis of a powerful big data platform.
This release includes the following:
- General availability of MapR Streams
- General availability of MapR-DB document database capabilities, including the OJAI API
- General availability of Apache Myriad
- Security enhancements including:
- Access Control Expressions (ACEs) for files and streams (in addition to MapR-DB)
- Whole-volume ACEs
- Selective auditing
- SSD optimization for MapR-DB
- FUSE based POSIX Clients for extremely high performance data movement
Why Upgrade to 5.1?
If you are an existing MapR customer, here are some reasons why upgrading to this latest release can be useful:
- Get all the benefits of a converged data platform that includes MapR Streams and JSON on MapR-DB
- MapR partners will certify on this 5.X release, so you can get a certified configuration with MapR partner products
- Log/audit operations in your cluster for analytics and compliance reasons with minimal performance impact
- Simplify your security model with Access Control Expressions (ACEs) on all data in your cluster
- Make MapR-DB on SSDs run even faster (3-4X faster)
- Get greater stability from the many bug fixes
- Reset the clock on the product support life cycle
What is a Converged Data Platform?
As the variety of data and processing needs explode, enterprises are embracing various big data technologies to address those specific needs in order to meet the urgent business demands. However, this is creating a new class of big data silos. Big data has even more gravity than classical relational data and therefore these impede collaboration.
A converged data platform is a new approach to provide a single best-in-class data platform for all your big data Hadoop, NoSQL, and event streaming needs.
Learn more about what makes a converged data platform:
MapR Streams Training
Discuss & Share with the Community