In an effort to help grow organic communities interested in new technologies, MapR speakers around the world provide technical talks on numerous topics. Please browse our MapR Talks Directory to learn how to search and request a talk in seconds.
Chaos. Randomness. Utter unpredictability.
These sound like trouble, but they are actually tools that you can use to make software more reliable, solve paradoxes, test theorems and much, much more.
With a few slides, a bit of live coding and a lot of fun I will show how you can become a Lord of Chaos. Specifically, I will show how you can use randomness to:
- Solve the Monte Hall problem and explain your answer
- Do precise proximity searches on geo-hashed databases
- Safely build machine learning models in the open to solve problems on secure data
- Design software that behaves predictably without corner cases
- Test statistical hypotheses without remembering formulas
KEYWORDS: Data Science, Algorithms, Machine Learning
Location Availability & Request Link
North America. Please refer to theMapR Talks Directory for specific countries.
You can request this talk here: Speaker Request
Find all Meetups and Events resources.
Find all MapR Talks: mapr talk
Learn more about Mapr Talks and how to book a speaker: Meetup and Event Organizers Resources