Release Announcement: Apache Hadoop Ecosystem - Drill 1.7
July 7, 2016
Today we are excited to announce the availability of Apache Drill 1.7 developer preview on the MapR Converged Data Platform.
Drill 1.7 Release Highlights
This release introduces the following enhancements:
- Monitoring via JMX. See Monitoring Metrics
- Partition pruning enhancements.
- Improved metadata query performance on Hive tables.
- Ability to return file names as part of queries.
- Hive CHAR data type support.
- Improvements to MaxDir/MinDir functions.
- Access to Drill logs in the Web UI
- Addition of JDBC/ODBC client IP in Drill audit logs.
Component and System Compatibility Matrix
MapR Drill 1.7.0 is certified on the MapR v5.1.0 converged data platform. See the Interoperability Matrix pages for information about the compatibility of Drill with operating systems and ecosystem projects.
Related Community Resources
drill (find all content with this tag)
- Explore Apache Drill Resources & Product Information
- Apache Drill Best Practices from the MapR Drill Team
Have a question?
Ask in Answers or comment below.