Release Announcement: Apache Hadoop Ecosystem - Drill 1.3
November 23, 2015
Drill 1.3 is available on MapR for Developer Preview. Note developer preview releases are for experimental usage only and not recommended for production deployments. Read more at https://www.mapr.com/developer-preview/apache-drill
Highlights of this 1.3 Release
- Performance improvements for Limit 0/Limit 1 queries
- Hive table query planning improvements
- Partition pruning enhancements
- Improved query/operators profiles
- Support for CSV header parsing
- Capability to reset an SYSTEM or SESSION setting to its default
- Merge Join improvements
- Upgrade to the latest version of the Apache Parquet library
Note: There is one backwards incompatible change with Drill 1.3 when using Drills CTAS with partitioning. You must change the metadata of Parquet files generated by the prior versions of Drill to work optimally with Drill version 1.3. See http://drill.apache.org/docs/partition-by-clause/ and DRILL-4070
Related Community Resources
Have a question?
Ask in Answers or comment below.
Share your expertise & ideas
Answer questions and vote on ideas in Answers.